Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Speaking of shooting through digestive tracts, check this out:

"'One day, I was sitting there waiting for a fish to eat my bait for hours and was starving. Suddenly, I realized fish don't die from eating worms so I shouldn't either. I ate them until I was full,' Paisit said in a telephone interview.

"He now loves worms, and has become accustomed to chew them instead of swallowing them whole.

"The father of two credited his good health to this dietary supplement, saying a mild flu was the worst illness he's had.

"His co-worker Thepnakorn Kongwien, 28, said Paisit often digs for worms in the area near the fire station.

"'We're used to that. But we still think it's strange and disgusting,' he said.

"Paisit said eating worms was like 'eating mushy sticky rice.' He was referring to chewy glutinous rice, eaten as a snack and sometimes a staple food in parts of Southeast Asia."