Monday, July 24, 2006

Comic Con aka Nerd Prom

"It's all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' fault."
(If I had a pint of retro-mutagen ooze, everytime I heard that line...)

Eight minute clip of a group of brothers in dorkdom going to Comic Con where one is informed they can see, "a pretty broad sampling of nerds." One samplist sums up his existence as, "I'm a guy with glasses who can't control his own life, but then I run to a phone booth..."

The sexual tension is palatable with the declaration, "We are horny comic book nerds and we have a mission," and The Girl in the group posits, “If I can't meet a guy at Comic Con, where else can I meet one?”

The clip climaxes at the Nerd Prom where, "My impression upon walking into the room was that prom had just ended and the nerds had been left to turn on the lights and sweep up all the confetti.”

All in all, "there are worse vacations to take than going on a day trip to your adolescence." For instance, Moscow-based Misery Tours.